keskiviikko 30. marraskuuta 2016

Hoth-Con 2016




Last Saturday, 26th of November, Helsinki's own Star Wars convention returned! I visited the second ever Hoth-Con and while I was a little disappointed at the event last year, this time, they stepped up their game! It was bigger and better! The venue place was still the Gloria Cultural Arena, which still is a bit too nightclubby for my taste, but it didn't bother me as much like it did last year.



This time, I had company! After I told my brother that the guest of honor would be Jeremy Bulloch, the man who played Boba Fett in the original trilogy, he willingly joined me at the convention. We both got Mr. Bulloch's  autograph, which is freaking amazing! :DDD Four or five years ago, I hadn't even watched the original trilogy and now I have an autograph from someone in the film! Feels so crazy! XD I'd say Hoth-con sure found "that something special" it was missing last year.

People in line for autographs





First time for everything! Even though I have seen my fair share of anime conventions, I'm a little ashamed to admit I've never seen a cosplay competition before, but now I have. Star Wars style! And it was amazing! They were 20 minutes behind schedule and at parts it felt a little rushed, but overall it was a very good show for a first time viewer. 

Strike a pose!

Darth Revan!

Queen Amidala: 2nd place

Boba Fett look a like

Competition winner: Ahsoka Tano

Jeremy Bulloch Q & A panel




"Never go home empty handed." 

The original Boba Fett's signature that shall be treasured. 


In honor of the occasion, I just had to find a Boba Fett figure to bring home, and this chill looking mini Boba melted my heart. It was affordable, and the vendor said it was their last one. Just a sale tactic? Well, it worked, this bounty hunter is now mine! Of course, before we left the place, I wanted to find something Darth Maul to bring home and the only thing I found was this all blue "hologram" one that comes with a bonus miniature figure (all red!). I can't say, it's one of my favorites, but it will look interesting among all the red&black figures.




Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti