sunnuntai 18. lokakuuta 2015

Suuri Snadi / Old Toy Swap

Saturday & Sunday, 17. -18.10.2015
(you might want to open the images in a new tab for a larger view)


I went to this, in lack of a better name, miniature convention in Helsinki yesterday. There was on display all these incredible dollhouses, dioramas, railroads and of course a lot of stuff for sale too! The logistics of getting to the event place, however, were a little bit of a pain in the ass. It took both a car and a train ride to get there, but in the end it was well worth it! The funny thing is, while I was walking to the convention centre I came across these really nice graffitis I simply had to take a shot of. Surprisingly, from what I could understand from the stuff that was written on the wall, these graffitis were legitimately allowed to be there. Good going!


At the event place, there were all kinds of different workshops available. Most of them had a limited number of participants they were willing to take in and of course, it was required that you signed up in advance in order to join the workshop. I found out about this event in such a late stage, the workshops were probably already full and frankly, I simply wouldn't have had the time to attend one anyway (because my big brother kinda ruined my plans for the day...). Shame really, I would have liked to attend at least one of them!



All in all, compared to some Anime related convention I've been to, this one was delightfully different. The atmosphere was more relaxed, due to the fact there was so much space and although there were a lot of people it never felt too crowded.



To me, there is just something awe-inspiring looking at those miniatures and finding some new detail every time you take a second glance at them. And not only that, whenever you shrink an object, it becomes instantly super cute for some reason. Everything is so damn tiny and adorable all around you!



I'll definitely want to go again, given the chance in the future. This thing just opened up a whole new world. I don't think I've ever felt this inspired leaving a building.



Ever since I left that miniature wonderland I have had this strange urge to go up in the attic and look for my old dollhouse......oh my god! It's starting!! No!!! I so do not need an another project in my life right now! I've already got enough as it its!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti