maanantai 16. helmikuuta 2015

Dragon Quest 8 Fanart

I had t some digging but I think I finally found every single little drawing of  DQ8 I ever made, which in the end didn't total up to that much. Most of them are just doodles and unfinished sketches done in 2007 - 2008. The latest one was done in 2012, I think. I usually put a date on the drawing if I start and finish it on the same day.  Sometimes I start a drawing and then leave it for a few days (.....or weeks.....or years) and then come back to it and when that happens the date becomes kind of irrelevant. And I don't put dates on what I consider to be sketches either. I guess the date only becomes important if you like to try to keep track on how much you have improved or not.

 
It's the damn same face over and over again and the reason for that is that whenever I was bored in class, I would take my phone out which had Hero (Spartan as I called him) on the cover which I used as a reference and drew it on whatever paper I had in front of me. Bonus Edward Elric from FMA!

 
 
Again with the damn face. I was in art class when the teacher asked everyone to choose 3 items they had on them and make an "interesting composition" out of them and then continue on and draw those 3 said items. This ones size is 72 x 51 cm. Made in 18.11.2007.

From the looks of it, this was done without a reference picture nearby during some physics class.

Unfinished sketch of Hero and Princess Medea as kids.

 
Various monsters (and a Xenomorph as a bonus) from the game I drew in my sketchbook in preparation for the acrylic painting (where something called in-scale has been thrown out the window). I am doomed without an eraser or an undo-button, so painting isn't really my strong suit.

 
Le Evil Dog. I kinda like it how the Sir is underlined. Can't remember if this was some kind of an in-game joke or not.

 
Look who it is again! I think this was one of my earlier pictures that I colored digitally. Makes me kinda happy to see I might have actually improved since this!

Evil Jessica is eevil! This is one of those drawings I would like to see finished and colored one day.

 
(left) The bad guy Dhoulmagus done in 09.04.2008. I know I had this one digitally colored as well, but when I looked for it all I could find was a corrupted file. Oh well, it probably wasn't that good anyhow! (right) Not really sure, what kind of phase I was having, trying to make Dhoulmagus appear cuter looking than he actually is...

Sketch of the Horse-Princess Medea without the bridle and a more "realistic" Medea.

This one is done on plain white paper, but the pencil markings were so light I had to darken it down a bit to be able to see something. This is my favorite even if  the horse's anatomy doesn't look quite right now when I look at it, but Hero turned out decent looking.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti